Costa Rica is a great choice for people that are interested in environmentally friendly traveling options.Â Fortunately, Costa Rica is one of the best ecotourism destinations on the planet. Here are a few ways you can travel more sustainably:
One enjoyable activity to do while traveling to Costa Rica that encourages sustainability is to go on a wildlife tour. Most of the companies that run these in Costa Rica focus on making sure they are green in their approach by not approaching or interacting with the animals.Â Instead most tours focus on a combination of learning while having fun.
By supporting official wildlife tours, you will become a part of the solution, ensuring wildlife is sustained into the future despite pressures that threaten the local environment.
- Drink our tap water!Â Itâ€™s safe in over 90% of the country.Â If you have doubts about a particular area, please ask.Â And bring a reusable water bottle so you can fill up on-the-go!
- Pick up trash and donâ€™t leave anything behind.Â Our local Manuel Antonio area offers beach cleanups on a regular basis.Â If youâ€™d like to participate, let our concierge know and she will try to arrange it.
- When on tours, dress to blend in to the natural environment.Â Greens and browns are recommended colors.
- Choose to support locally owned businesses and artisans.Â We are happy to provide you with information on local restaurants and other services.
- Vacation in Costa Rica to not only soak up our sun but also our culture and food!
- When you leave your vacation rental for your daily tours, remember to turn off the air conditioning, lights, fans and other electronic devices.Â Help us protect our resources!